- Ryan Bertrand and James Ward-Prowse both started the 1-1 draw with Wolves on Monday night after overcoming their respective injury concerns.
- Theo Walcott has a slight wrist injury but will be fine to start on Sunday, with Danny Ings back the following weekend.
- Nathan mymedic.es Redmond has been struggling with injury all season and is now out for up to two weeks.
- Ibrahima Diallo came off the bench against Wolves for his fourth league appearance of the season. He is still waiting for his full debut but that is unlikely to happen here.
- Ralph Hasenhuttl is expected to name an unchanged starting XI for the welcome of Manchester United.
Man Utd have won their last 7 away matches (Premier League). Man Utd win2.06
Man Utd have scored at least 2 goals in their last 7 away matches (Premier League). Over 1.5 goals1.26
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in 8 of Southampton’s last 10 home games (Premier League). Under 2.5 goals2.10
Man Utd are undefeated in their last 12 away matches against Southampton in all competitions. Man Utd win or draw1.30
Southampton have kept a clean sheet in their last 3 home matches (Premier League). Southampton win or draw1.85
Southampton have been winning at both half time and full time in their last 3 home matches (Premier League). Southampton win/win6.45
Southampton have scored at least 2 goals in their last 5 home matches (Premier League). Over 1.5 goals1.26
Southampton have won their last 3 home matches (Premier League).Southampton win3.92
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Man Utd’s last 3 away games (Premier League).Over 2.5 goals1.86
- After starting the season with three straight defeats, Southampton are now unbeaten in their last seven matches (W5, D2).
- Manchester United have won three on the spin since back-to-back defeats in all competitions. They still have a long way to go to completely convince, however.
- Four of the last five meetings between the two sides have ended in a draw, illustrating United’s recent struggles against Southampton. The home side should be confident in their current form of getting a point at the very least on Sunday, particularly if United cast their eye towards next week’s Champions League clash with Paris Saint-Germain.